Selasa, 10 Agustus 2010

100 fish


Each year we (my daughters and I) make small clay tokens for the Rochester Children's reading program at the library. One year it was aliens, the next small traffic cones and then tokens. This year's theme was involving the ocean so we made fish. This all comes from my childhood in Cedar Rapids Iowa where the local public library handed out such items after reading a designated amount of books. I always loved our library as a child and also now as an adult. So it's fitting to give back. This year we ran out of time and so some have more detail than others. I think they all made a big splash however ... (pardon the pun) Thanks have to go to Bella too as she helped out with half of them! Stay tuned for big news about The Art Weekend - registration is OPEN!