Jumat, 22 Februari 2008

and the winner is ...


future girl!
Out of the hat of names future girl wins her choice of bird paintings.
Klimt is it. I had begun the painting prior to getting to the Museum Moderner Kunst, in the museum quarter, but upon returning it took on a whole new patterning. I just got lost in the large scale figures of Klimt's that we saw in the Leopold. I love the Hundertwasser house and the idea of no straight lines, but it was Klimt that blew me away. (not that the painting I did have any sort of resemblance to any of his work, but inspired by folk, inspired by...)
We actually went to Vienna for my birthday and to see - hopefully - the work of Egon Schiele. Sadly most of his work was "on loan" elsewhere. That happens a lot to us when we are searching for something. Either way, we had a wonderful time there enjoying the public art, the beautiful buildings and icing like details on the ornate facades.
So, that's it for this morning. I hope that the snow doesn't fly to far and hard today as I am tripping over to Keene to pick up daughter #1 and on the way back hopefully - grabbing a bargin of a credenza I found on Craigslist. $175. I hope it's not disappointing! Cross fingers...